Friday, March 11, 2011

Analysis


I 've been analyzing the info I received yesterday. It was my understanding that the Stanley Valley TN area was originally part of North Carolina. Since receiving the info yesterday I have a different understanding. That area was also in the legal jurisdiction of Virginia.
 Robert Crawford Robertson sent a family group sheet with some sources to Scottish Genealogist Donald White in 1963. Some thoughts:

  1. I don't feel like he has proven that Archibald Fisher came from Scotland. If he had proof it has not been shared here. Archibald may have come from Ireland?
  2. He doesn't provide sources for all marriages.
  3. He was not able to link children to any specific mother.
  4. I was able to find Archibald Fitcher (Fisher)  listed on a transcription for the 1777 petition at the website http://robertson-ancestry.com/1777-pet.htm

No comments: