|1764 Report to the Pennsylvania Provincial Council states David is the Son of a long time Indian Trader|
|John Owen's Jr's "aged mother"|
- John Owens Sr. was married to an Indian Woman according to the 1756 article in the Pennsylvania Gazette, and the fact that she was daughter of the Half King is supported by the fact he was given a great deal of credit as recorded in John's trading books.
- John Owens Sr. was likely married to Judith who is named in a 1781 Tax List
- John Owens Jr.'s aged mother was living with the family when he made his will April 1781 will I believe John Jr. was born in the late 1740's
- According to someone making a report to the Provincial Council in Pennsylvania in 1764 David Owens was the son of a long time Indian Trader, and we know from David's, son David Jr., that he was George's half brother
- Moving to James D. Owens we know he is described as James Owens Jr. in Bracken County, Ky records; which actually means he was a little younger than another James Owens who lived on Turtle Creek. I tend to think James D. Owens is John Jr.'s son because he had a son Vincent and Daughter Hannah
|In 1840 David Owens Jr. describes his father David as George's half brother|
- Son John Owens Jr. b. abt. 1745 (I base this on the fact John Owen Jr. owned land near John Owens Sr. in the 1760's)
- Son David Owens b. abt. 1750
- Son George Owens b. abt. 1755?
- Daughter Susannah
|Pennsylvania Orphans Court record|
- David (from will)
- John (from will)
- David Owens Jr. abt. 1770? based on 1840 letter