|Shakers Mercer County, Kentucy|
- According to the Censuses Jesse Callahan was born in 1795 in Kentucky
- According to his wife Eve's widow's pension they were married in 1814 by Abner Martin in Washington County, Indiana ( making them my earliest Indiana settlers)
- Jesse was a veteran of the War of 1812
- He found a 1798 marriage record between Dennis Callahan and Margaret Bowler in Mercer County, KY
- He found a Polly Callahan born 1792 buried in Mercer County, KY in 1865. She was a member of the Shaker Community and likely never married since the Shakers practice celibacy. The Shaker records were microfilmed by the LDS and may contain important info about her family?
- A third important discovery was made using DNA. His cousin took a 67 marker Y test which produced a match with another Callahan who took the 25 marker test and is a descendant of Dennis Callahan who was born 1790 and lived in Brown County, Ohio. They were a 23 out of 25 marker match. He had a son Jesse the same name as my ancestor. Sounds like it could be Dennis Callahan Junior?
- Another discovery he made were two Dennis Callahans who served in the War of 1812