- Forgey is a variant spelling of Ferguson. Mike had 11 Ferguson matches and Roger had 5 ( see last two images in this post for Ferguson ONLY matches.
- There was a mutation in one of Mike's first 12 markers which was not shared by either Darren or Roger or any of the Fergusons which means this is a unique mutation in his line.
- Two mutations occurred in Darren's line which were not shared by either Roger or Mike. So they are unique to this line and can be used to set them apart.
- One marker tested in the last set for Mike did not match either Darren or Roger, but did match many Fergusons. So I wonder if Darren and Roger's line's both experienced a mutation at a later date?
- Larry Laughlin has been a close match to all three men and a perfect match for Mike. This may just be a coincidence or maybe a non paternity event? Some lines do have very few mutations so it's possible he is related before the adoption of fixed surnames?
- Many of the Forgey/Forgy matches tested positive for the Scottish Clade which I discussed before. So it looks like Roger and Darren will test positive when their results come back in late December (the new beta site shows deep clade results for matches).
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
FT DNA Beta + Final DNA comparisons at 37 markers
I was very satisfied with the rest of Mike's results. Here is what we can infer so far with the 3 tests complete:
We should have more test results by late December. It is odd that Roger and Mike have two marker mismatches and Mike's supposed closer relative Darren mismatched by 4. Hopefully we can clarify this with next set of results; which should be for my uncle.
Mike Forgey 3 marker mismatches Roger Forgey 3 marker
Mike Forgy 4 marker mismatches Roger Forgey ditto Darren Forgy ditto
Mike Forgy's Ferguson Matches