Sources for James D. Owens and Francis
|1843 Taxlist Bracken County|
- William is the son of James Owens comes from a taxlist which reads "William of James".
- William appears next to Francis his mother on taxlists.
- William is bondsman on Hannah's marriage bond. Hannah is found in on the Census in Francis's household.
- James and Francis children include Hannah, John, and David V. Owens. These names appear in the John and Susannah Owens family of PA and VA.
- A Broshears purchases an item from the James D. Owens estate.
- Hannah states her father was born in Pa on the 1880.
- Several of the Children of John and Susannah settle in Bracken County Ky. John and David seem to have settled not far away in the Clarksville area of Indiana. They were there in 1783.
|David and Brother John settled in Clarksville Indiana|
Sources John Owens Jr. and Susannah
- The proof that Susannah was John's wife comes from his 1781 Washington County, PA Will.
- The names of his children are said to come from Orphans court records. David and John are the only two mentioned by name on will. Otherwise it just states brothers and sisters of John and David.
- Their place of residence is Monongahela Ten mile Creek Virginia according to the will.
- John's aged mother is mentioned on the will but her name is not given
- A number of contemporary accounts give the cause of his death as the result of an indian attack
- John's brother David was said to be the son of an Indian trader according to several contemporary accounts. I have not seen John referred to as son of the Indian Trader.
- John owned land in Bedford County according to will.
- The fact Susannah remarried and her married name was McMullin is from her husband John's will documents.
- Susannah's death date of 1790 comes from her Washington County, PA will.
- The first record for him I've found is as a witness to a treaty in 1752.
- He and his Indian wife also appear in a 1756 Pennsylvania Gazette article.