Saturday, May 8, 2021

Photos of mothers and children in honor of Mother's Day. 

Photos of my paternal grandmother Dorothy Winifred Mason-Kapple, daughter of Fred Mason and Helen Mullen, with her with her children



My Robert John Kapple and his sisters in 1930's Chicago





My father looks like a handful in the photo below. My grandmother said he took one of my aunts somewhere in a wagon, when she was a baby, to see a turtle near the train tracks a block from their Chicago home. Apparently she left my aunt alone for a little bit and when she returned my aunt was missing. 





Photos of my maternal grandmother Graciela Lucresia Del Castillo-Forgey, daughter of Nicasio Del Castillo and Elena Garcia with her children. 

In this photo are my grandmother's 5 children and her twins Charles and Cecil Forgey. 

Below a play date and get together for neighborhood mother's in Glendale, California in the 1930's. 

Another Play date below 1930's style



Below is a picture of me with my own mother Edna Fay Forgey-Kapple
I was so fat here it too my mother and two cousins to hold me up. 

I will close this trip down memory lane with a favorite photo that was shared with me by a distant Austrian cousin; it's of my great-grandmother Mary Kurta-Kappel and two of her 11 children in the early 1900's. 



Wishing all mothers a Very Happy Mother's Day! 









No comments: